WHO WE ARE?
We exist to disrupt the archaic narrative that charitable giving must be driven by guilt and to end shame for those receiving aid from charities. We do that by creating once-in-a-lifetime experiences where our clients, donors and recipients feel like rock stars and become fanatical followers of our managed foundations. Our convictions make us unpopular with those who embrace the traditional, limiting non-profit game. We tolerate that lack of popularity because we know that the benefit to our stakeholders is worth tolerating the consequences of the unpopularity.
HOW DO WE DISRUPT THE TRADITIONAL NON-PROFIT GAME?
- We implement the best practices, systems and processes of both the for-profit and non-profit world
- We invest in overhead like marketing, media and advertising so our managed foundations reap the benefits of scale
- We invest in fundraising because it drives growth of impact
- We innovate to scale our impact
- We invest in people by employing a diverse team of experienced professionals and compensate them according to their expertise
- We take calculated risks where the reward benefits our foundations, donors or charity recipients
- We embrace results as a measure of our success
WHY DO WE DISRUPT THE TRADITIONAL NON-PROFIT GAME?
- We can set and achieve big goals
- We don’t expect our staff and their families to make lifelong economic sacrifices because their career is helping people
- We know that fundraising is the fuel for the impact that we make
- We know that people are the secret to our success and the work we do impacting others is just as important as the work in the private sector
- We believe that giving and helping others should be joyful and guilt should not be part of the experience
- We refuse to add shame to the experience of marginalized, underprivileged children and families we serve
- We know the simple math that half of a sheet cake is more than a whole cupcake
HOW DO OUR STAKEHOLDERS WIN FROM OUR DISRUPTION?
- Prolanthropy takes the risk of innovation of the foundation’s work, Prolanthropy only profits if the foundation profits
- Prolanthropy funds the start-up expenses of the foundation and is not reimbursed until the foundation has sufficient funds
- Prolanthropy treats donors like valued partners and doesn’t demand they support our work because of their advantages or success in the for-profit world
- Prolanthropy treats the children and families we serve as welcome, valued guests to our foundation events and programs